Check out some of the benefits here or stop in anytime to discuss if CBD might be a good option for your cycling/fitness goals.
Pain & Inflammation The Centers for Disease Control estimates that 50 million American’s (20.4% of the US) have chronic pain, defined as pain most days or every day for at least the past six months
- Assists in regulating sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response, reduces chronic pain, reduces inflammation and interacts with neurotransmitters – 1st Department of Internal Medicine Clinic, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University, Greece
- Other studies have shown significant reduction of sciatic nerve pain and inflammation – Department of Neuroscience and Behavioral Sciences, Ribeirão Preto Medical School, University of São, Brazil
- Still other studies report that CBD is effective in treating pain related to multiple sclerosis and arthritis. CBD, is already approved medically in several countries for this purpose – Department of Neurosciences, University of Messina, Italy
- Summary: CBD, especially in combination with (very low levels of) THC, may be effective in reducing pain associated with diseases like multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis
Anxiety & Depression According to the World Health Organization, depression is the single largest contributor to disability worldwide, while anxiety disorders are ranked sixth.
- “effective in treating symptoms of anxiety, particularly social anxiety” – Marcel Bonn-Miller,University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Used to safely treat insomnia and anxiety in children with post-traumatic stress disorder – US National Library of Medicine
- Significantly less anxiety, cognitive impairment and discomfort in speech performance – National Institutes of Health
- Summary: Using CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression in both human and animal studies
Cancer and Related Symptoms Approximately 38.4% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2013–2015 data) – National Cancer Institute
- CBD may have anticancer properties. For example, one test-tube study found that concentrated CBD induced cell death in human breast cancer cells – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
- Another study showed that CBD inhibited the spread of aggressive breast cancer cells – California Pacific Medical Center, Research Institute
- CBD may also help reduce chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, which are among the most common chemotherapy-related side effects for those with cancer – Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna,Vienna, Austria
- Summary: CBD has been shown to help reduce symptoms related to cancer and cancer treatment, and may even have cancer-fighting properties. This is currently an active Cancer research frontier
Heart Health Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men
- Recent research has linked CBD with several benefits for the heart and circulatory system, including the ability to lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked to higher risks of a number of health conditions, including stroke, heart attack and metabolic syndrome – University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Additionally, several animal studies have demonstrated that CBD may help reduce the inflammation and cell death associated with heart disease due to its powerful antioxidant and stress-reducing properties
- One study found that treatment with CBD reduced oxidative stress and prevented heart damage in diabetics with heart disease – Laboratories of Physiological Studies, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
- Summary: CBD may benefit heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and preventing heart damage
Neuroprotective Properties Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- One study found that CBD reduced spasms in 75% of 276 people with multiple sclerosis who were experiencing muscle spasticity that was resistant to medications – Neurological Rehabilitation Center Quellenhof, Germany
- Another study found that CBD oil significantly reduced seizure activity in children with Dravet syndrome, a complex childhood epilepsy disorder, compared to a placebo –New York University Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, New York
- “Last month [June 2018], a U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory panel unanimously recommended approval of CBD to treat childhood epilepsy” – WebMD.com
- Several studies have shown that treatment with CBD improved quality of life and sleep quality for people with Parkinson’s disease – Department of Neuroscience and Behavior, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirão Preto, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Additionally, test-tube studies have shown that CBD may decrease inflammation and help prevent the neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer’s disease – Karl Group, Behavioural Neuroscience, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Summary: Through early research, it is apparent that CBD has shown to effectively treat symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. CBD was also shown to reduce the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in studies
Acne Acne is a common skin condition that affects more than 90% of the population
- Studies found that CBD oil prevented sebaceous gland cells from secreting excessive sebum, exerted anti-inflammatory actions and prevented the activation of “pro-acne” agents like inflammatory cytokines – US National Library of Medicine
- Further findings; conclude that CBD may be an efficient and safe way to treat acne, thanks in part to its remarkable anti-inflammatory qualities – Cellular Physiology Research Group, University of Debrecen. Hungary
- Summary: CBD may have beneficial effects on acne due to its anti-inflammatory qualities and its ability to control the overproduction of sebum from the sebaceous glands
Other benefits: CBD has been studied for its role in treating a number of health issues other than those outlined above
- Antipsychotic effects: Studies suggest that CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders by reducing psychotic symptoms – Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychosis Studies, King’s College London
- Substance abuse treatment: CBD has been shown to modify circuits in the brain related to drug addiction. In rats, CBD has been shown to reduce morphine dependence and heroin-seeking behavior – Department of Psychiatry, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Anti-tumor effects: In test-tube and animal studies, CBD has demonstrated anti-tumor effects. In animals, it has been shown to prevent the spread of breast, prostate, brain, colon and lung cancer – California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco
- Diabetes prevention: In diabetic mice, treatment with CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes by 56% and significantly reduced inflammation – Hadassah University Hospital, Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation & Cancer Immunotherapy, Israel
- Summary: Some studies suggest that CBD may be an effective treatment for diabetes, substance abuse, mental disorders and certain types of cancers
Side Effects Though CBD is generally well tolerated and considered safe, it may cause adverse reactions in some people
- Side effects noted in studies include only: diarrhea, changes in appetite & fatigue
- CBD is also known to interact with several medications. Before you start using CBD oil, discuss it with your doctor to ensure your safety and avoid potentially harmful interactions
All Cyclefit bicycles come with our exclusive 90 Day Trouble Free Guarantee. This program covers your new Cyclefit bicycle against cable stretch, wheel truing, 2 flat tires, minor adjustments, major adjustments, first time broken parts and any labor involved to get you back rolling again. You just bought this bike, we’d like you to ride it and break it in worry free. This program is designed to cover initial maintenance required for breaking in your new bicycle. Cyclefit is unable to cover normal wear or damage as a result of neglect or accident.
Manufacturers Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Lifetime frame warranty*
- 1 year warranty on parts**
- 90 Day Trouble Free Guarantee
*Most of Cyclefit’s bicycle manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty. To verify your new bicycles warranty, see the manufacturers owners manual for that bicycle
**All manufacturer’s warranties are applicable only for defects in workmanship or materials
There’s no question that the bike you buy from us will bring years of enjoyment. However sometimes, the unexpected happens and you’re faced with the hassle and expense of repairs. That’s why we provide our Cyclefit Extended Warranty. This plan, which begins the day of your new bike purchase provides:
- 100% Parts and Labor Coverage
- 4 years of worry free coverage
- Free transfer to new owners
The Cyclefit Extended Warranty program covers virtually every part of your bike including the drive-train, brakes, wheels, pedals, cables, chain, tires, tubes and more!
Be sure to ask for it when you come in and buy a new bike!
Did you know??? We will fix ANY bike (not just bikes we sell!) We offer FREE estimates on all repairs and can let you know what your bike needs to get running smoothly. Book an appointment, or just swing in. Quick turn-around, knowledgeable mechanics, friendly service, and competitive rates. Call or stop in today!
You scored a sweet deal on a new frame or parts on the web. Now, who’s going to build it for you? Let our expert bike mechanics build your sweet new ride!
Nowadays bikes and components are complicated. We know you might find a deal on a bike, frame or parts on the Internet, but now that you’ve got all the parts, whose going to build it for you?
Our mechanics are trained professionals who will help make sure your new bike is built properly to the right specifications. Whether it’s hand built wheels, installing a new drivetrain, outfitting a bike with new suspension or making a bike work perfectly, our mechanics will get the job done right.
Referral Rewards Program
Are ya’ just loving this whole biking thing? Did you grab a great deal on a new bike at Cyclefit and can’t stop talking to everyone about it? Or, finally bring in that old cruiser bike out of the garage to get fixed up like new?
Many of our new customers are made when happy Cyclefit customers share their great experiences about Cyclefit with their friends, family and even acquaintances.
As a “Thank You” we are initiating a Referral Rewards Program!
$100 account credit for every new customer you bring into Cyclefit to buy a new bike over $1000
Free t-shirt and water bottle for a bike purchase under $999
Thanks for the support!
This referral program is a way for us to say “Thank You” – Without this support from our customers and community, Cyclefit is just another bike shop. The word of mouth from our satisfied customers is integral and a big part of our success.
*New customers only. It must be their first bicycle purchased from Cyclefit.
*Minimum bike value of $1,000 before tax.
*Full price bikes only. Sale bikes are not eligible.
*Rewards to be dispatched 10 days after purchase.
Any higher learnin’ on your resume? “Almost finished with my Associates in Welding Engineering at Delta. Yeah, I’ll have a degree to play with fire.”
Favorite Cyclefit moment? “Raising the Dragon”
I’m super pumped about…..” what? “SUMMER!”
“What do you want to be when you grow up? “Bicycle Frame Builder”
Just who do you think you are? “I’m Rampage ready dog.”
“Nobody knows I’m….” what? “The Park Tool man…ssshhhhhhh”
What exactly is it that you do here? “I’m the guy that cleans and watches everything. I’m sort of a rookie supervisor”
How did you end up here? “Brobean DJ snuck me in and I’ve been doin’ my thing here. Nobody has really noticed.”
Any higher learnin’ on your resume? “I learned myself some knowledge at both Ferris State University and Saginaw Valley State University”
What is it about you that makes everyone else envious? “My natural talent applied to any preferred field gets people pretty heated sometimes.”
Whaddaya do when yer not riding? “What don’t I do when I’m not riding? I’m like that guy from the Dos Equis commercial”
“I’m super pumped about…” what? “…all the slappin’ bikes we have in our shop.”